– the Association for the Development of Feminist Educational
Teaching Models – is a unique organisation within Austria and
Europe, which focuses on gender, diversity and education and was
association’s goal is to raise awareness of sexism in
academic and social education and society with the aim of changing
gender power relationships.
can be contacted from Monday to Friday from
10 am until 4 pm.
Please let us know in advance if you wish to pay us a visit. Our office
accessible to wheelchair users and those with restricted mobility.
(0)1 966 28 24
Areas of Interest & Research:
Gender and Diversity-Aware Education
analyses teaching content, methodology/didactics and patterns of interaction on the one hand and structural conditions on the other. Its aim is to make free personality development and equal and successful learning possible for everyone involved in the educational process without restrictions being placed upon them by their individual social characteristics, such as gender, etc.
is a gender policy strategy with the aim of promoting gender democracy. GM does not focus primarily on individuals but instead relates predominantly to structures. As an organisational development process, GM requires gender competence at all levels within an organisation and places clear responsibility upon the management level.
aimed at ensuring awareness of social diversity and using it to further
development of organisations and society. In addition to gender, ethnic
cultural affiliation, physical or mental skills, religion, age and
orientation, to name but a few, are also aspects of diversity that have
relevance for educational processes and institutions. The conscious
of social differences and the conscious utilisation of heterogeneity
equality of opportunity and the creative skills of all.
- Gender specific socialisation
- Gender-aware education and critical analysis of
- Gender and diversity-aware didactics (in university
- Work with girls and boys in the school, pre-school
- Violence and its prevention
- Gender-aware occupational orientation
- Gender and diversity-aware adult education
- Gender and diversity-aware development within schools
- Gender mainstreaming processes in education
- Diversity management
- Continuing education and training
- Gender and diversity training courses
- Research and evaluation
- Gender survey reports
- Development and organisation of symposia
- School development and consultancy
- Arranging access to gender
and diversity-competent advisors (on subjects such as working with
prevention of violence and self defence)
- Publication of the EfEU newsletter
- Publicity work
- Publications (downloads available from: www.efeu.or.at/publikationen.html)
services are aimed at
individuals working in the fields of academic and social education
schools, extracurricular work with children and young people), parents,
responsible for further and continuing training and education for
organisational development managers (especially school development
and gender mainstreaming and diversity managers.
the context of school-based in-service training for teachers (known in
SCHILF) we can also be requested to provide on-site training in schools.
Becoming an EfEU Sponsor:
25€ per year you can
become an EfEU sponsor and help to support the
association’s work. You
receive the quarterly EfEU newsletter (in German) in return. Donations are very welcome!
In 2017 EfEU is funded by:
EfEU ist Teil der , die
vom BMFJ gefördert